Monday, March 21, 2011

Pressed for money?

I'm suffering from a lack of motivation for this thing called blogging right now. But, I'm forcing myself to do it. So it's gonna be short, sweet, and to the point. I really just feel like I need to document this certain event. And I'm sure most of you reading this will be glad I did--keep it short and sweet that is.

Last Wednesday I did my first female sensitive exam, which means pap smear and breast exam, on two live, breathing, willing ladies who so kindly allowed us to practice on them. Tomorrow is the male sensitive exam. I'm slightly more nervous for this one, for reasons I'd like to assume are obvious, but I'm sure that the desensitization process that began last summer to what were once "sensitive" body parts will make tomorrow's exam as simple as taking a blood pressure. I can hardly wait.

It's times like these that I am reminded I am no longer in undergrad and am actually somewhere on my way to seeing patients that don't present themselves in vignettes.

Oh, and I hear they are well paid...So locate your local medical school for a job near you!

1 comment:

  1. I have to say the title didn't give it away even though we had this conversation a few days ago! Well said and a blog I'm sure you will enjoy looking back on someday. Hope it goes well and is uneventful.

    ReplyDelete