But, it was an ordinarily good day.
1. I gave some more flu shots. And talked about marriage (specifically arranged ones) with Dr. Aguwa who is from Africa. It was a bunch of girls giving flu shots...naturally, the topic came up. We talked a lot about their very family oriented culture (cool stuff).
2. I studied and went to a histology review session on muscles. Let me just say, when it comes to muscles, there is much more than meets the eye. Specifically neuromuscular junctions. Check it out.
|This is real. It's skeletal muscle and nerves innervating it. The little bulb-like ends are where chemicals are released to tell the muscle to contract. That's the neuromuscular junction. Cool, huh?|
3. Spoke on a panel of of students for perspective students of MSUCOM. Then toured and answered tons of questions. SO FUN! Met a retired AF pilot, and his aspiring doctor son, a woman interested in medical missions, and a guy who was so excited about hopefully joining the AF in the HPSP program.
4. Went shopping! Amanda had coupons to New York Company and I needed to purchase a gift for a very special birthday girl who lives far, far away : ) So, we had to go to the mall. Let me just say, I saved $120.69!! Now, if I were you I'd be thinking, "HOW MUCH DID SHE SPEND!?" So, let me tell you I got some great buys totaling $140. It included 1 pair of awesome jeans, 1 equally awesome pair of dress, tweed pants, 2 of the softest, most perfect sweaters with really cute buttons, a great tank top with lots of ruffles, and a white button up that fits so well! (looking like a professional is going to be fun...) And some earrings...
Now, do the math:
$140 divided by 7 items = $20 per item!!
Can't you tell I'm excited?! I even took a picture of the clothes nicely arranged on the couch so you can see.
5. Then I came home and opened a letter from Somerset Beach Campground. Inside was a calendar...which I think I'll be cutting up and framing as my next art project (there were some awesome pictures in it!) And in the letter was a verse. A verse I had to share.
"Be joyful always; pray continuously; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
6. It's Friday.
7. We didn't have class today.