Friday, October 29, 2010

Productivity.

This week has been full of productivity. I expect nothing less out of the weekend.

1. Took (and passed!...yes, that is significant!) my biochemistry class. It marked the end of a love/hate relationship.

2. Read the book Boy Meets Girl this week. I rarely finish books, so this too, is significant. Jess, a new friend from my Bible study recommended it to all of us last week. I learned a lot. Also, I have to admit that I cheated, I didn't technically read it, I listened to it after I downloaded it from iTunes...so Josh Harris, the author, did. 

3. I bought a power drill and went to the shooting range and shot a recurve bow. All in one day. Rifle, pistol, and CPL classes are in my future.  Don't worry, when I got back I got in touch with my feminine side and lit a bunch of candles and made this for dinner with Ingrid Michaelson's new song Parachute playing thanks to Katie's wonderful musical influence in my life. It's delicious...kinda blew my expectations out of the water, but, they were pretty low to begin with and I was also very hungry!

Modified from "Weight Watchers New Complete Cookbook"
Orzo with Garlic Vegetables
1 T Olive oil
3 garlic cloves
2 C sliced baby carrots
2 C sliced zucchini
1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and chooped
1 t. chicken bouillon granules, dissolved in 3/4 cup boiling water
2 1/2 C cooked orzo
pepper to taste
1. In a large skillet over low heat, heat the oil. Saute the garlic until deep brown, 4-5 mins; keep the heat low so they don't burn. 
2. Increase the heat to high; add the carrots. Stir-fry, adding the zucchini, bell peppers and dissolved bouillon, until the veggies are tender-crisp, about 3 minutes.
3. Add the orzo and pepper, toss to combine. Serve immediately and ENJOY!

4. Watched the movie We Were Soldiers.
Watch This! and you'll want to see it too.

5. Fell in love with this song. This music video (Lead Me To The Cross.) has scenes from the movie The Passion, if your stomach (and your heart...) can handle it, it speaks volumes. 

6. I went to EVERY class this week, opting out of putting it off until later and staying in bed. I'm so glad now that it's Friday and I'm not behind!





1 comment:

  1. Hey Amy,
    Hurry up and get that CPL so we can practice--I need it. How's the new drill working out? Watched the music video you mentioned very inspiring. Working from home today, with Mal with her new braces. What's up with those Spartans this weekend? Have a great week! Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete