Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Fire Hose

If I could have one dollar for every time I heard someone say the course work in medical school is like drinking from a fire hose, I wouldn't need the Air Force to foot by tuition bill. Or rent. Or spending money.

Up until this point, I've not felt like that analogy was entirely true. I've been busy, yeah, but not that busy.

However, I'm now carrying a full course load for the first time. Our anatomy course was in the summer which made the fall a little lighter than most.

I'm enjoying the increased challenge, but must admit, it's starting to infringe on my weekends away. I haven't been in East Lansing for the weekend in a long, long time. And trust me, it's not like I'm studying while I'm away. Still, by the looks of my calendar, it's not going to change. Not anytime soon.

This weekend I'm going up to Petoskey. One of the best places on Earth, I am convinced. And this is what I'll be doing. Katie and I are going up to stay with Gerry and Mary Mills who graciously invited us to take advantage of their conveniently located home. I think one of my next big investments will be some skis...maybe I'll save up and buy a pair next winter. But, right now, I can totally wait for next winter. Could it be summer please?

No comments:

Post a Comment