Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Neuroscience

What I am currently (hopefully) doing right now.

Watch this video: Neuronal Growth

This is a video of a growing neuron. In order to store information in long term memory, we must actually make new connections in our brains.

This is what happens when you take a break from studying Neuroscience. You search for videos of growing neurons. And then get distracted when you come across more awesome fluorescent and confocal microscopy pictures of growth cones on neurons. Facebook? What??

Thank you Neuroscience. I think I'm gonna like you.






That is a growth cone. Growth cones are on the end of neurons that are searching for the correct path necessary to create a connection. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that my growth cones are making some serious ground today.





Here's some more differentiating neuronal cells just for fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment