Friday, June 17, 2011

Weekends.

There are a few things about med school that are, can you believe it, actually good. Please note that I am referring to med school, not to being a doctor. Those are two very different things.

One of those things is how much you appreciate a few days with no tests. Not that there's a lack of lectures to watch, but it's so relaxing to study without the added pressure of the exam at 8am the next morning. By the way, after my last post, I'm happy to report that I'm still alive, not that I thought it'd kill me, but I'm alive in the sense that I'm still on track to passing all my classes, most noteably, pharmacology. How I miss the days of homework assignments, extra credit, and attendence points to boost your grade. Pharm tests leave little room for error.

In addition to appreciating a few days of regular studying, med school has made me procrastinate in a new way. I hesitate to call it procrastination, but, I read the Bible with a new sense of anticipation and a new need for the comfort it provides. Almost everyday I think to myself, why am I doing this? (pretty lame huh?) But, I am quickly reminded that the desire to be a doctor wasn't something I picked, but that God has entrusted me with. Otherwise I'd be perfectly happy sharing God's love with people in a coffee shop or leading hiking expeditions through the rocky mountains.

Awesome friends. That's another good thing. And on that note! Erin is in the process of moving in! It's been so lonely here without Katie and I need someone to at least be around so I don't let myself refuse to do the dishes or leave my stuff all over the place. It's such a blessing to have a sister in Christ, fellow med student, future/current AF collegue, gun shooting, country music listening, sports loving friend. I think we're gonna have a good time :)

Here we are in Haiti on the back of a crazy moto!!

1 comment:

  1. Yay!!! I'm so happy that you won't be alone anymore! I feel content leaving you in Erin's hands :p

    ReplyDelete