Saturday, January 14, 2012

New Books

I needed a serious break from blogging. I even thought of deleting it. I'm not sure why, but I got really tired of it.

But...I miss blogging. Enter my life of many contradictions.

I say a lot of things that I am going to do and then I never do them (I'm working on this one!)

Ipso facto, I told my mom I was never writing on here again. And therefore, she could not put the web address in our Christmas card. But, lo and behold, here I am! Back to blogging.

A patient I spoke with while doing my preceptorship in Jackson a few weeks ago told me she tries to avoid medication for her anxiety attacks by writing. Writing is therapeutic for me too. I often find that when I really get going about something (namely the Gospel, politics, medical care, or whatever hobby I am currently wrapped up in) my mind is full of so many ideas it's hard to focus. Enter writing. A way to get the craziness out of my head so I can actually do something productive.

(If you only knew how many blog posts I've written and deleted...)

I like to have reasons for why I do things. Which is why I am currently over analyzing the reason I'm back from my blogging hiatus. Plus I want to share my thoughts on a few books I just got in the mail today. The Irresistible Revolution by Shane Claiborne and Let Justice Roll Down by John Perkins. Maybe I'll finish them in a reasonable amount of time. Maybe not...but I hope so.





1 comment:

  1. Yey! We both decided to come back! Strangely enough at the same time!

    ReplyDelete