Sunday, December 5, 2010

Content.

Let me tell you about my weekend. It was awesome.
To sum it up, Time Well Wasted :)



Friday: Christmas cookie party and Ryan's awesome hockey game with Erin. Mom, Dad, Grandma and Grandpa Luke and Nana were at the game too and came over to visit afterwards.


-Saturday: Worked at the Friendship Clinic all morning, learned A TON of new things and once again saw the Lord soften my heart and convict me for taking way too many of the blessings in my life for granted. I then made a trip down to Hillsdale for a short but successful visit. I spent some good quality time studying and mostly not studying with Ben and we went to dinner with Kay, where we ran into the Jones Family (whom I have come to love, they are fabulous), picked up my glasses I'd left over homecoming weekend, and picked up a dog cage for Gabbie (Katie's new puppy). I also am very proud of the Hillsdale cross country women who ran at National's this week. They finished 14th overall and Ms. Erin Brunko capped her senior season off with an All-American 21st place finish.
 

Sunday: Slept in. Took a basic pistol course and worked my shooting skills. Shot this gun...

Qualified in shooting to get my CPL (Certified Pistol License). Began and finished studying for my first final exam which I then completed online. Went to the evening church service. Went to Cosi for dinner with Katie. And, I am about to go to bed and it's only 10:30. 

In regards to the coming week, I shouldn't be content. But, I am very content. And for that, I am extremely grateful.

My room is a disaster.

I have a total of 4 exams this week.

My e-mail inbox is overflowing.

My to do list I made last Monday hasn't been touched.

So, why am I content with leaving so many things undone before beginning the week? I don't know, maybe it was this past weekend, maybe I am feeling overly ambious and anticipating a productive week. But, life has proven that everything always works out. Not as planned, usually, but that's still no reason to worry.

No comments:

Post a Comment