Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Hebrews 12:1

"Since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us." 

After my physiology exam this morning, God blessed me in a big way. On my way out, I ran into Amanda and Bre, two awesome Christian women and amazing friends at school who happened to be on their way to Sultan's Middle Eastern Restaurant. I was invited to join and gladly accepted.

It's so easy to get caught up in life. And, over lunch, I was reminded of the importance of finding strength in the love of Christ by surrounding myself with people who radiate Christ's love. It's essential.

I came home and was cleaning a little in my  room when I came across a book I swiped from home last time I was there. Yeah, sorry Mom and Dad, I should have asked, but it didn't look occupied so I helped myself.



It's called "Running With The Giants" by John C. Maxwell. I opened it and read the first page. It had Hebrews 12:1 written on it. You know what they say...timing is everything. I kept reading. It was reinforcement straight from God that I need to cherish, for the rest of my life, relationships that glorify God; relationships that keep me in His love and challenge me to remain there.

As the book begins it reads, "It's often said that life is a marathon. But I think it's much more challenging than that....The race of life is different because you never know where the finish line is until you're actually crossing it."

I don't know about you, but a marathon seems a tad daunting (massively huge understatement!). If life is even more so, a little encouragement could go a long way...like maybe into eternity? That's what Hebrews 11 does. I encourage you to read Hebrews 11. It "describes Old Testament giants: Abraham, Joseph, Moses, and Rahab, who ran life's course with great purpose and intensity." What a great source of encouragement...right at our literate, multiple-Bible-owning, and often idle fingertips.

No comments:

Post a Comment