Friday, February 3, 2012

Moolah

I just ordered a grande skinny soy vanilla latte from Starbucks. Took a sip and thought to myself, next time, ask for no foam.

"Could I have a grande skinny soy vanilla latte with no foam, please?"

Wow. I never thought I'd be that girl. I'm also a gold card member. Which means instead of paying almost $5, it's only $3.55.

Which brings me to my next topic. Budgets.

I'm so bad at doing them. But, luckily I have a lot of friends who are and who inspire me to do better. Also, I think the Bible has a thing or two to say about--See 1 Timothy 6:6. So, I'm going to share something awesome that Bre shared with me.




Have you heard of envelope money systems? Where you put an allotted amount of money for a specific thing, like grocery shopping, in an envelope and that's all you can use for that month. Well, in this modern, technology driven society, going to the bank is inconvenient and carrying that much cash is just dumb. So, there's an app for that!

EEBA: Easy Envelope Budget Aid





I'm giving it a go this month and already, I am much more aware of how much $$ I spend on things like coffee or eating out or grocery shopping. And, if you're married, you can sync it to the same app on your spouse's phone so when you spend something and take it our of the "envelope," your spouse will be able to see it too! A lack of privacy, no. Accountability, yes. It'll probably keep me from my grande skinny soy vanilla lattes with no foam and encourage a tall pike's place with room for cream. Or perhaps, do-it-yourself Maxwell House coffee. Or perhaps not.

2 comments:

  1. This looks awesome! I'm downloading it as I type! Thanks, Amy!

    ReplyDelete